Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Deep Satisfaction Protecting Children From Abduction

This past week the I CARE Foundation had a busier week than usual trying to assist targeted parents prevent the abduction of their children.  In fact, Friday alone included three separate international parental child abduction prevention cases that we directly were involved in litigation with, and one case where we provided important counsel and advice.

None of these cases are easy. All of them however have two elements that keeps us focused on why we advocate the way we do: the innocence of children is worth protecting at all costs, and, when a war called international parental child abduction can be averted, we know first-hand that all parties involved will be spared significant casualties.

On a personal note, I am very pleased to have been able to help a wonderful parent and an incredible family yesterday who was gravely concerned about an abduction threat.  Seeing my  friend hold his children in his arms made all the personal sacrifice required this week well worth it. Words cannot express the joy I felt yesterday walking in my friend's home . . . with his children.

And should my friend who I accompanied yesterday ever read this, I want you to know how proud I am of you.

On a separate but relevant note, the first quarter of 2013 is shaping up to be a very busy one with respect to international parental child abduction prevention cases.  The I CARE Foundation's intake of prevention cases is at 40% of the 2012 case load: clearly more parents are acting in preemptive ways in order to stop an international kidnapping before it happens.  This is very important news as it may represent - I hope - that the number of reported abductions may drop again this year the way it declined in 2012 (A 15.3% decline in reported cases during 2012).

There is no question that the I CARE Foundation's along with other organizations' messages concerning international parental child abduction prevention is working. The number of reported kidnappings is dropping while the number of abduction prevention cases is increasing.

Step by step, we are making a difference.


Best regards to all,

Peter Thomas Senese

Author - Chasing The Cyclone