Monday, November 19, 2012

My Expanding Family - Filled With So Much Love

I make my living through an assortment of investments in businesses that I have an interest in, as well as being a best-selling author who has had every hardcover book release put into publication get listed on a noteworthy best-seller list - thought my income from my book earnings for more than a year has been completely donated to the I CARE Foundation that was established to help stop international parental child abduction.


As the Founding Director of the I CARE Foundation, I am very proud of the tremendous work the organization's esteemed Board of Directors and Advisory Board has done thus far in helping reunite or prevent the abduction of dozens of children.  Our ongoing research in this are combined with out outreach initiatives to help build a large national pro bono network of attorneys has been very important in the war against abduction.  So too has been our legislative and policy initiatives.


Fortunately, I have been blessed with the ability of managing my extensive professional obligations and committments in a way that allows me to also dedicate significant time to the I CARE Foundation and the children and parents we serve.

And I have to say, I would not have it any other way.  Why? 

Because there is so much genuine love that floats around the foundation.  

Seriously.  And it is not just with the families we have helped, but equally, this love is shared (and so valued) with other advocates who have stepped up to help these at-risk families.

I can't say how blessed I have become to be part of something so special.  In the depths of hell that is international parental child abduction was cast a small but growing family connected by an accuate sense of compassion, understanding, and committment to one another.  

I never expected seven years ago for my family to expand the way it has.  I never expected to have as many amazing - amazing - nieces and nephews - but I do . . . and knowing that they are safe . . . and knowing that they will never be abducted again is so incredibly rewarding.

Life provides each of us with many blessings.   And there is no question I feel as if I am one of the luckiest men on the planet.